Daar Al-Watan Publishing House
Language: English | Format: PDF | Pages: 18 | Size: 1 MB
All praise is due to Allaah alone; may He send salutations and exalt the mention of the seal of all Prophets and Messengers, our Prophet Muhammad, his family and all his companions.
It is from the mercy of Allah that He has legislated many deeds through which people can earn great rewards. In this leaflet, we will mention some of the acts which Muslims should exert extra effort in performing in order to increase their account in their record of good deeds.
The first Five Ways to Earn Reward from Allaah:
1. Repentance done sincerely for Allaah: The Prophet (PBUH) said: “Allah will forgive the sins of anybody who repents before the sun rises from the west (i.e., a major sign for the Day of Judgment).” (Muslim) He (PBUH) also said: “Allaah accepts the repentance of His slaves until the time of their death (i.e., when the soul is departing).” (Tirmidhi)
2. ‘Umrah during Ramadhaan: The Prophet (PBUH) said: “Performing ‘Umrah during it (Ramadhaan) is like performing Hajj with me.” (Bukhaari & Muslim)
3. Recitation of the Qur’aan: The Prophet (PBUH) said: “Recite the Qur’aan, for it will intercede for you (with Allaah) on the Day of Judgment.” (Muslim)
4. Learning and teaching the Qur’aan: The Prophet (PBUH) said: “The best amongst you is the one who learns the Qur’aan and teaches it to others.” (Bukhaari)
5. The Mention of Allah: The Prophet (PBUH) said: “Shall I not tell you about the best of your deeds, the most pure (i.e., righteous and sincere) of them to your Creator, that which will entitle you to the highest ranks for the sake of Allaah, which is better than fighting your enemies in Jihaad where you kill them or they kill you (i.e., you become martyrs)?” The people replied: “Yes, O Messenger of Allah.” So he (PBUH) said: “The mention of Allaah.” (Tirmidhi) Continue reading