Muhammad Naasiruddeen al-Albaanee
Language: English | Format: PDF | Pages: 20 | Size: 1 MB
This is a translation of a booklet titled “Manzilat-us-Sunnah fil- Islaam” (The Status of the Sunnah in Islaam) of Imaam Muhammad Naasir-u-Deen Al-Albaanee, may Allaah have mercy on him. The source for this booklet was a lecture he gave in Doha, Qatar during the month of Ramadaan, 1392H. The talk was later transcribed and published. This book can be downloaded in Arabic at http://www.sahab.org.
This treatise clarifies the position of the Sunnah in Islaam, in that it bears the same status as the Qur’aan when it comes to deriving religious rulings and laws. So one cannot possibly understand and implement the Qur’aan in the absence of the Sunnah, rather they go hand in hand. Imaam Al-Albaanee gives several examples for this.
The author then goes on to explain what is meant by Sunnah in his discussion, in that it refers to only the authentic Sunnah, and not the weak and fabricated hadeeth. This is a very important treatise, defining a key principle of the Salafi Manhaj, which consists of following the Qur’aan and the Sunnah, along with the understanding of the Salaf (i.e. Sahaabah, Taabi’een, Atbaa’ at-Taabi’een). This treatise is also a refutation of the deviant groups that rely on the Qur’aan alone, such as the Qur’aaniyoon, etc.
2. The Status of the Sunnah in Islaam and a Clarification that the Qur’aan is not sufficient over it
3. The Position of the Sunnah with regard to the Qur’aan
4. The Need for the Sunnah in order to Understand the Qur’aan, and Examples for that
5. The Misguidance of those who are satisfied with the Qur’aan over the Sunnah
6. Knowledge of Arabic is not sufficient for understanding the Qur’aan
7. An Important Note
8. A Weak Hadeeth from Mu’aadh regarding Opinion, and what is Rejected from it