Imam Anwar Al-Awlaki
Thawaabit ‘ala darb al Jihad is one of the best contemporary books on the subject of Jihad. It was written by Shaykh Yusuf al ‘Uyayree. Shaykh Yusuf had left at an early age to fight in Afghanistan against the Russians. People who knew him described him as a very intelligent individual who was well-versed in all of the weaponry in all fields and was able to train with them very well. Later, he returned to the Arabian Peninsula where he continued serving the Mujahideen in Chechnya and fundraised for them. As time passed, he was arrested and put in jail for a few years. In jail he memorized al Bukhari and Muslim. When he came out, he wrote a few books; each one of them is a masterpiece. One can see the depth of his textual references to Qur’an and Sunnah as well as references to present day occurences. He was later killed and died shaheed by the security forces in the Arabian Peninsula; we ask Allah for that to be the case.
- Download 1 Jihad will continue until the Day of Judgment
- Download 2 Jihad does not depend on an individual or individuals
- Download 3 Jihad is not dependent on a particular land
- Download 4 Jihad is not dependent on a battle
- Download 5 Victory is not limited to military victory
- Download 6 The definition of defeat