Language: English | Format: PDF | Pages: 22 | Size: 1 MB
I contemplated regarding those who were guided by Allah to be dutiful to their mothers, and it became apparent to me that their deeds were, in fact, not difficult, and that the effort they exerted to achieve their mothers’ happiness was not strenuous; and, this knowledge of how simple and easy achieving their happiness was gives contentment to the soul.
I noticed that they possessed three characteristics – intelligence, a smiling face and sincerity – which continually supported them in performing their deeds and, as a result of which, they attained success . Brothers and sisters:
In this booklet I present my thoughts, and observations of those around me who are dutiful to their mothers in order to motivate people to follow their way. Here are 150 ways of dutifulness; if you find them worthy to be implemented, then do not hesitate in this. If not, then at least remember your brother in your supplications.
In The Name of Allah, The Most Compassionate, The Most Merciful
1. Choose an appropriate gift for each occasion and present it in a happy way to oblige her to accept it.
2. Open a bank account in which all of her children share paying a lump sum in order to cover her needs.
3. Understand the different stages of life that your mother is going through, and treat her accordingly.
4. Carefully select the appropriate words to use when talking to her to prevent her from feeling hurt; and, do not utter even one word or expression of disrespect.
5. Ensure that she is the last one to see you off when you are determined to travel, and show her love and affection to her; and if she is in another country, then at least call her. Continue reading